"Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you."
-Marsha Norman

Friday, July 1, 2011

Blue Sunflower, Black Tulip, Red Tree....

 
      I want to create a new world on my canvas.  Nature, as it is, is already beautiful.  Still I hope to show a different side of the flower.  I want to show that the a tulip, so elegant, can be bolder.  The sunflower is cheerful, but I want to make her breathtaking.  Trees are forgotten.  In a land, one walks past them, barely glancing.  They stand magnificently, wise with age.  We walk right past them, directing our attention to the patch of violets.  So let me create a vibrant, eye-catching tree for my new world.  
     I believe that my world gets reflected onto my strokes of paint.  I have always loved painting, yet it didn't become my passion until I was being forced to forget my talent.  I was forced away from home; forced to abolish any future possibility of a career with art.  I was forced into a society that would never accept me nor try to understand.  I continue to struggle with my perception of this society along with their culture.  I believe that is what evoked me to realism and portraits.  It was my venture to perceive people exactly as they were.
     Time then presented me with disappointment after another; coupled with heartbreak and pain, inflicted upon me by friends, family, lover, and even strangers.  It is the evolution of my intuition that no one is truly as they seem, which has led me to the recognition that realism is overrated, at least for my world.  Now I strive to bring forth that true hidden character in anyone; and blend the core personality with the outer facade.  So let me show the dark side to the suave tulip; the brilliance behind an otherwise insignificant face.  I declare, 'no more' to these faces of us supposedly highly intelligent beings.  I will recreate this jumbled world of mine; mix the cultures into a flow, and redefine simple beings as fierce, beautiful ones.  
    As of now, my world is a collage; an overlapping puzzle rather than an intermixed flow of images.  Let me blend in the edges; swirl around the colors with a swivel of my brush, so that my road of patchwork moulds into a flowing river.  Teach me, Oh Blue Sunflower, Black Tulip, and Red Tree; the sanity behind this bizarre world of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment